Fall 2020 Retreat Registration Opens at 10AM on Wednesday, October 14.
PLEASE NOTE: This Fall, there are two separate weekends that we will be hosting two retreats. Select which weekend works best for you and your student, and sign up for the corresponding weekend.
Weekend 1: November 13-14
Weekend 2: November 20-21
- This Fall’s retreat will actually be 2 retreats; one the weekend of November 13-14, and one the weekend of November 20-21. Students are only able to sign up for one of these weekends.
- Both retreats will take place at the CROYA Facility, located at 400 Hastings Rd, Lake Forest. Students will check in between 6:00-6:30pm on Friday, and be picked up at 10pm on Friday. Students will spend the night at home (rather than at the retreat site as in previous years). Students will check in on Saturday between 8:30-9:00am, and be picked up at 10:30pm Saturday evening. All students must be picked by a parent/guardian.
- The cost of the retreat is $50, which includes all program costs and lunch and dinner on Saturday. Students should eat dinner before arriving on Friday, and breakfast before arriving on Saturday.
- The retreat will follow all applicable guidelines from the state of Illinois Phase 4 Plan for COVID-19. Details on the CROYA-specific plan can be found here.
Retreat Registration Tips:
- Make sure you have a RecTrac account and you are able to log in to it. Not sure if you have an account or lost your password? Call us at 847-810-3980 or the Rec Center at 847-234-6700 and we can help you out. You can use the link for retreat registration to test if you are able to log in. We recommend logging in to your account before 10 AM and refreshing your web page at 10AM to load the registration.
- Be ready to register at 10AM on Wednesday, October 14. Retreat spots go quickly, so the quicker that you can register, the quicker you can get your spot saved! Once you have the registration in your cart, the spot is saved – registration will not complete on our end until you complete the checkout process.
- Have your information ready to enter. For registration, we ask for Emergency Contact Information (other than a parent, in case we can’t reach you), any dietary restrictions, any medications required to be taken during the retreat, parent email, and Health insurance carrier and policy number (in case of emergency). If you have this ready to go, registration will go much quicker!
- If you have any issues, give us a call at 847-810-3980. Please be aware that we experience a higher call volume during the retreat registration process, so there may be some delays in answering – we’ll do our best to get to you quickly!
- Scholarships are available! Please contact us ASAP for details – if you choose to attend on scholarship, we will need to help you with registration.
- The Fall Retreat is only for first time retreat attendees. If your student has attended a retreat in the past, they are not eligible to attend this retreat. The exception is for our Junior and Senior retreat leaders.
Please note: Even though the registration types may appear before 10AM on 10/14, and may list as available, the system will not allow you to register until 10AM on 10/14.
Our High School retreats are great experiences for students to take a break from their busy lives and get to know more about their peers and themselves. These student-led events take place twice every school year at Camp Henry Horner in Ingleside, IL. During these weekends, students are able to interact with fellow students, freshman-senior years, in both large-group and small group settings. We aim to hold our retreats the weekend before Thanksgiving in the fall, and the weekend before Lake Forest High School spring break in the spring. Dates for upcoming retreats (including registration dates) are posted below and updated as dates are determined.
Our student leaders must have attended a retreat previously and completed the Peer Training curriculum. Eligible student leaders will be contacted prior to the Spring retreat that they would be eligible to lead.
Please note: the fall retreat is only for first-time participants on the reatreat, and the spring retreat is only for returning retreatants.
If you have any questions, please contact Catherine Grey at email@example.com
2020-21 School Year (Tentative)
Fall: Weekend 1: November 13-14, Weekend 2: November 20-21
Spring: March 12-14